Friday, July 2, 2010

Yeah, I met Kim Walker

Soo, this week has been a pretty busy week! Though, I have to say I had a very exciting highlight! I got to meet Kim Walker-Smith on Monday. Oh my, am I happy about that! Kim is basically the woman who really inspired me to want to learn more about worship and start leading more. I think it's awesome that she doesn't play an instrument(like me) but she is still an amazing worship leader! It was so cool to meet her! I got to talk to her for a couple minutes and got a picture with her. :) She is so awesome! :D So, that was pretty much the best part of my week.

I don't really want to make this a super long post, so I will try and sum up the week with as little words as possible. ;]

Well, like I said Monday I met Kim Walker-Smith. She lead worship on Monday and Tuesday and I took her worship leading class on Monday, which was awesome! I learned a lot.

Tuesday, Jerry Aaronson spoke on how sounds have shapes and how we each have our own unique sounds... I would elaborate more, but i'm too tired. ha Ray Hughes also spoke on Tuesday he spoke on how we are created to carry our light into the darkness.

Wednesday, Dan McCulliam spoke about how we need to strive for excellence in worship because God uses our creativity in worship to speak and connect with others. I also took a class with Dan on Redeeming sounds. He talked about how each country, each land has their own unique song that has power. It was an interesting class.

Thursday, Ray Hughes spoke again. He spoke on how as leaders, we need to have a fire in us to want to worship God, and we also need to have a fire in us to see others worship God. It was really good. We also had creative expressions during the second part of the day which was cool. Creative expressions is when some of the BSW students get to come up and share their gift with the rest of the school. Their was some awesome talents. So, that was fun to watch.

Today, Ray Hughes spoke once again! He talked about how we need to create an environment that God can't stay away from and in order to create that environment we need to have Passion for Him.

And now it's the weekend! Which i'm sooo happy for that! I'm loving BSW, but there is just soooo much awesome information to learn in such a short time, my brain hurts...literally! haa I've been trying to soak it all up, and I think i'm doing a pretty good job of it, it's just my brain is exhausted! haha Also, I'm SUPER EXCITED for the weekend because some of my friends are coming to see me!! Yay!! I can not wait to see my friends!! I miss them like crazy crazy crazy! Sunday they come and are staying the night, so it's going to be a great holiday weekend :)


-Melody

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, Love! :) Keep soakin' it all up! You'll even realize how much you're learning once you come back & start living it out & sharing it w/ whoever God leads you to!!! You enjoy your last week! Cya soon! Much love!

    ReplyDelete