I have to say, this school has been super awesome so far! Though, i'm forming a complaint. :b Don't worry, it's not on the actual school(the school is awesome!), it's more personal. ha The only thing I very much dislike about being here in Redding is how much I am alone. Everyday after school from the time I get out until the time I go to bed, I am by myself. It's not that fun. I usually just go into my room and hangout in their with my laptop. Thank you Jesus I decided to buy a laptop! I would go insane without one. hah Anyways, the past weekend here was pretty lameish. I was feeling a bit bored and lonely. Yes, I went out of my four walls and did stuff; I went to the store, I went to the pool, and took a walk. stuff like that, but it's not that much fun when your all alone! And you can only lay out by the pool for so long! ha So, having so much free time and alone time has made me miss everyone at home a lot. More then I thought I would. I didn't think I would start missing everyone so quickly! I miss my family, I miss my friends, and of course I miss my boyfriend... a lot! But, God has a plan for while i'm down here, so i'm keeping focused! :)
Well, back on the topic of the school! ha Kathy(Kris's wife) spoke this morning! It was great!(as usual!) She spoke on transitions, and how God challenges us. He puts us in uncomfortable situations and creates situations where we feel under pressure. He does this on purpose to strengthen us and help us have a firm foundation so our foundation won't crack in the future.
I also took a voice technique class today! It was great! Though, I have to say their was A LOT of information to take in! I have like 4 pages of notes just for that class today... and I missed a lot of info because while I would be writing something down, she would say something important! So, it was a bit overwhelming, but it was really good! I learned things like, it's important to blend your voice, so you have smooth transitions. Also, we learned it's important to remember that with your voice, volume doesn't create strength, strength creates volume. So it was very good, just a lot of info!
Now I think it's time for a coffee. I'm sensing an Iced Carmel Macchiatto calling my name. :)
-Melody
Awwww...miss you two, Love, and that's part of what these kinda times are for - clarifying what/who is really important in your life! :) I can remember feeling exactly like you did w/ the note taking many times - just means you're learning tons - woohoo!!! :) Keep pressing on to learn all you can!!! LOVE YOU lots!
ReplyDelete